Training, Qualifications & Experience
Counselling Training and Qualifications
- Registered Member of the BACP
- Post Graduate Clinical Supervision Training, The Rock Clinic Association (2016)
- PG Certificate in CBT Skills, Westminster Pastoral Foundation (2012)
- PG Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, University of Sussex (2002)
- VACTs Accredited Drug and Alcohol Counsellor, Addaction, (2003)
- Cruse Accredited Bereavement Counsellor, Cruse Bereavement Care (1999)
I have over 20 years’ mental health experience working across the NHS and Voluntary Sectors; working as a Counsellor at The Rock Clinic since 2004 and more recently providing Clinical Supervision to both qualified and trainee counsellors. I have also provided Counselling and Assessment to Students at UCL (University College London) since 2013 and at Brighton University since 2018.
I held an Honorary Counsellor’s post for 3 years at Brighton’s NHS Psychology and Counselling Department; and have trained and volunteered as a Drug and Alcohol Counsellor with Addaction (now CRI), and as a Bereavement Counsellor with Cruse Bereavement Care in Brighton.
Over the last 20 years, I have also worked professionally within 2 Brighton based charities overseeing a range of health and mental health services; as Chief Executive of The Sussex Beacon (2008-2012); as Director of Threshold Women’s Mental Health Initiative (2004-2007) and as their National Infoline Manager (2000-2004). In addition, I have 15 years’ business sector experience working within sales and marketing.
- April 2018 to the present: Student Counsellor at Brighton University, Falmer
- January 2016 to the present: Clinical Supervisor for trainee and qualified counsellors
- February 2013 to the present: CBT/Psychodynamic Student Counsellor at UCL (University College London)
- 2012 to the present: Private Counsellor, 63 Sandgate Road, Brighton, BN1 6JP
- 2004 to the present: Private Counsellor, The Rock Clinic Association, 270 Eastern Road, Brighton, BN2 5TA and 8 Western Street, Brighton, BN1 2PG
- 2008 – 2012: Chief Executive, The Sussex Beacon, Brighton (a leading HIV care centre providing a ten-bedded Inpatient Unit and range of health/mental health Outpatient services)
- 2004-2007: Director, Threshold Women’s Health Initiative, Brighton (a local charity providing women-only Counselling, Crèche, Complementary Therapies, Day Services, Drop Ins, National Infoline, Training and Volunteering services)
- 2000-2004: National Women’s Infoline Manager, Threshold Women’s Health Initiative (Telephone Helpline/Infoline/Prison Outreach)
- 2003-2004: Honorary Counsellor (VACTs accredited), Addaction Drug & Alcohol Service, Brighton
- 2000-2004: Honorary Counsellor, South Downs Health NHS Trust, Department of Clinical & Counselling Psychology, Brighton
- 1999-2001: Volunteer Counsellor (Cruse Accredited), Cruse Bereavement Care, Brighton