About The Service
Counselling / Psychotherapy
I provide Initial Consultation followed by weekly or more than once weekly Counselling/Psychotherapy. Fortnightly sessions may sometimes be appropriate. I work with individual adults, young adults (from 17 years old) and older adults.
Clinical Supervision / Other Supervisory Support
I provide Clinical Supervision for trainee and qualified Counsellors, plus mental health and social care Service Managers.
I also offer ongoing support and supervision for employers, managers, staff, senior executives and self-employed people.
My fees are £40 for an Initial Consultation and £50 per session for ongoing Counselling.
I also offer concessions at £45 per session for those on low incomes / unemployed.
My fees for Clinical Supervision and other supervisory support are £50 per session.
Length of Contract
All sessions last for 50 minutes and the Counselling can be time-limited/short-term or open-ended/longer-term. The length of contract can be agreed on at the start of the therapy and will depend on whether you want to work within a specific time frame or spend longer looking more deeply at your underlying issues.
I offer daytime and evening appointments at 4 different locations across Brighton, East Brighton and Hove. Good public transport links, with disability access and free parking available at some venues. Please see map below for details.
Evaluation / Measuring Effectiveness
In order to ensure I provide an effective service to the highest possible standard, I constantly monitor my service using a variety of measurement tools:
- A well validated and reliable program called Clinical Outcomes and Routine Evaluation (CORE) System is used, whereby each client is asked to fill out a form, both before and after counselling, to help gain an objective measure of its success. Developed by the Psychological Therapies Research Centre at Leeds University, this is the leading outcomes measure in the UK’s counselling and psychotherapy field.
- CBT clients usually have ongoing evaluation for anxiety and depression using the latest PHQ and GAD questionnaires, currently used by GP’s and other NHS counselling services.
- Non-attendance (DNA’s) and premature termination of counselling sessions are also monitored.
- Confidential feedback forms measuring qualitative client satisfaction are given out at the last appointment.
- All monitoring and evaluation data is stored anonymously and all personal details will be destroyed within a set timeframe in compliance with data protection legislation.